Nothing gives more freedom to automating sales processes like the best online course platforms. They also give freedom to spending a little more time teaching students the relevant course contents. Some of the best online course platforms include :Thinkific, Leaenworlds, Kajabi and Podia. To be a successful player in any of these platforms, you have to be able to create, organize and deliver the course in it’s highest quality possible. If you are seeking to start selling online courses, you have to start by creating a blog and create the features that you need the most.
Discussed below are some of the best online course platforms to use for online courses.
This is the best online course platform that exists today. The platform has a robust set of user friendly features , membership site integrations, email marketing tools as well as an outstanding 24/7 customer support. To use this platform, you can sign up and get a one month free trial with their popular Pro Plan. This plan gives you the freedom to create more unlimited courses, giving you the ability to make more sales from the beginning. Thinkific also features bindles and memberships, certificates, advanced pricing options as well as marketing tools. To finalise your account, you can customize your course on their site thinkific.com . You can then add your course content and then market it.
This is one of the best online course platforms. It has over 25,000 instructors that use it to create perfect teaching platforms for their students. Teachable has two options, first, you can use the online course platform that is free. You can also use one of their three other plans that go for prices ranging from $30 per month to $400 per month. The most recommended plan on this platform is the Professional Plan which goes for $80 per month. The platform has graded quizzes, custom completion certificates and highly advanced theme customizations. It is easy to upload your content , edit it and engage with your students. You can get started with Teachable through a premium plan account and set up your platform.
Learnworlds has been credited as the future of eLearning and had all the essential features needed to create and sell an online course. Being among the best online course platforms, Learnworlds has a pretty simple procedure to creating an account.
To create one, you should first create and feel your online course with Learnworlds’ custom landing and sales pages. This is easy because you have the liberty to use their library of responsive styles and templates to come up with your own new design. You can even add more information regarding your contact, about, pricing among others. Once you are ready to build your course, you can introduce their pre-made course catalogs and blend in your content. The catalogs have highly advanced features like online tests, interactive video players , interactive eBook and download attachments.
Unlike its competitors, Podia is a fully-featured online platform that allows clients to sell their memberships, online courses as well as other digital products. This is one of the most accessible platforms to use thanks to its drag and drop builder. It also has several customizing options which makes a user feel they are in total control of their product. Some of the features associated with Podia include:
- Email marketing: This feature allows you to send out newsletters, stream your campaigns, and keep subscribers engaged and updated. The feature also allows people to distribute manuals and automatic messages — personal branding to your clients.
- Several online courses – This feature by podia allows you to create as many online courses as you please. It has a modern, streamlined theme that will enable you to upload any file you want.
- Membership – The platform takes you through the process of creating a professional membership for your customers. It has a customizable element that allows you to build long-lasting connections.
- Bundle up – The podia platform allows you to bind your products and sell them off as single items enabling you to manage sales on your platform. Giving your clients several products for smaller prices, lures them into purchasing it.
- Embed your buy button – For any freelancer, this is undoubtedly a favorite feature. It allows you to turn any page on your account into a course sales page. The feature makes those visiting your page to buy content without necessarily leaving the page.
After a 14 days free trial, Podia gives you two pricing plans, namely, mover and shaker — both of which are paid monthly.
- It allows you to set up a platform for clients to generate revenue by promoting your products.
- It has fair and affordable pricing based on the available features.
- It has a large bandwidth and storage to host much of your content.
- Podia has a fixed checkout option that lets users check out without exiting the site.
- It also has no transactional fees on every plan offered.
- It lacks design flexibility
- Its email composer needs only personalized fields
- It has no membership feature in their movers’ plan
- It doesn’t have critical features like Facebook pixel and Google Analytics that help in targeting customers based on interactions and interests.
This is a web-based all in one platform that offers course creation, web hosting, payment handling, membership site business, and email management. It has powerful tools that let you build a highly interactive learning environment with unlimited homework assignments, video hosting, drip content, among others. Kajabi is an online course platform not only limited to courses but also offers coaching services, product sales, and eBooks. You can also create your own website on this platform. Below are some of the Kajabi features.
- Pipelines – It is one of the outstanding features that enable you to join several actions and link them together. Once you have created the links and pages, anyone who visits them will be tempted to follow through and take action on the specific agenda you’ve set up.
- Landing pages – One of the main reasons entrepreneurs strive to put up their businesses on online platforms is the capacity to create landing pages. They can serve as a video sales letter, a page you discuss products, or offer free downloads.
- Product creation – With this feature, you can display the product and build a menu allowing the digital clients to navigate through the selected items and pick what they want with so much ease.
- Blogging Capability – This feature by Kajabi allows you to reach your targeted audience, giving them access to your services and products. The blogging capability enables you to market your business and establish a reputable brand.
- The community feature – This feature facilitates student discussions. Members on Kajabi can access their respective communities from the dashboard and create new discussions or contribute to the ongoing ones.
After a 28 day free trial where you are given access to every feature offered in the basic plan, you’re offered three plans to choose from. One of the methods is the basic plan, which provides you with access to a variety of features. The premium plan gives access to over 100000 marketing emails, and the Pro Plan has unlimited access.
- It offers you strong video streaming capabilities.
- Kajabi has inbuilt email marketing as well as customer relationship management.
- It has a robust pipeline feature that allows you to build every type of sale funnels.
- It has excellent 24/7 customer support.
- Its pricing is relatively higher compared to that of its competitors
- The blogging functionality lacks stability and flexibility
- It does not allow you to natively create certificates
- Doesn’t support advanced quiz elements
LearnDash is a WordPress plug-in that provides experience and guidance for major educational institutions, enterprises, and smaller websites and instructors. It’s got many integrations and customizable features that make you able to produce a professional-looking learning platform.
Learndash star features are creating inexhaustible online courses.
As a WordPress plug-in, the primary intention of this platform is to develop online courses for WordPress sites. It lets you publish endless courses and has no limit to lessons or questions you can add to your session. Below are some of its features.
- Unique video progression feature – Learndash comes with a feature that allows you to engraft self-hosted or externally hosted videos in your courses easily.
- Engagement triggers for automation – This is a potent feature that allows you to perform some functions automatically, based on a learner’s taken action. Once you spark a reaction, there’s little you can do from your side e.g. sending a specific email to users.
- Charge for access to courses – Learndash can monetize your online classes by integrating with PayPal to allow collecting payment via your website.
- Powerful reporting and administration tools – Users that are logged in can view their profiles on the front-end of your website. They can see how many courses are available for them, how many they have selected, and other details concerning their progress. All this is done through one easy-to-access portal.